YouTube is an amazing source of direct affiliate revenue as well as traffic for your site.
Videos engage your followers on a personal level. My top converting affiliates create both a traditional blog post as well as a video review. Here are just some of the reasons why.
- According to 70 percent of marketers, video produces more conversions than any other type of content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- YouTube is the golden child for search engines therefore expanding your reach. Here are some great tips on how to optimize your video.
- Within YouTube, you can include affiliate links directly in your Description box. Also, include a link to your blog post.
- You can embed your YouTube video on your affiliate blog post for increased engagement and duration on your site.
Key things to remember about your YouTube video are:
- Keep your video under 4 minutes if possible. If it can be shorter, even better.
- Start off with high energy and your key selling points.
- Tell your viewers to click on the affiliate links for more information and to purchase.
- Similar to your blog post, have multiple calls to action throughout the post – beginning, middle and end.
- Titles are your first impression. Your video title should be optimized with your keywords and be engaging. Look to the post Fanatics post ideas for video ideas as well.
- If creating a video around Fanatics gear isn’t your thing, you can simply give a shout out to the affiliate links in your show notes as a way to support the channel
- Include your script in the Closed Caption for optimization purposes.