YouTube is an amazing source of direct affiliate revenue as well as traffic for your site.
Videos engage your followers on a personal level. My top converting affiliates create both a traditional blog post as well as a video review. Here are just some of the reasons why.
- According to 70 percent of marketers, video produces more conversions than any other type of content.
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
- YouTube is the golden child for search engines therefore expanding your reach. Here are some great tips on how to optimize your video.
- Within YouTube, you can include affiliate links directly in your Description box. Also, include a link to your blog post.
- You can embed your YouTube video on your affiliate blog post for increased engagement and duration on your site.
Key things to remember about your YouTube video are:
- You have just a couple of seconds to keep your viewer engaged so use it wisely. Start off with the top take away you plan to give your viewer. A great example would be “Today, I will explain how the Endocannabinoid System Affect Anxiety?”
- Make it personal! Talk about your personal experience with Joy Organics products.
- Tell your viewers to click on the affiliate link in the description for more information and to purchase.
- State your coupon code in the video. Remember your coupon code tracks with or without an affiliate link.
- Similar to your blog post, have multiple calls to action throughout the post – beginning, middle and end.
- Titles are your first impression. Your video title should be optimized with your keywords, give a clear understanding of your topic and be engaging.
Tips For Beginners
Don’t wait for it to be perfect. As Nike says “Just Do It” This simple video structure was provided by Justin Brown with Primal Video. It is a useful guide.
Questions To Ask Before Filming
Set your video goals and get clear on the content you are creating.
- Why are you creating this video?
- Who is the video for?
- Why would someone watch this video?
- What action do you want people to take after seeing Gain reach? Sell? Gather emails? Subscribe?
- How can Imake the video easy to understand?
Create an outline of your video with the following simple structure
Justin Brown’s Simple Video Structure
Hook – hook your audience with your content immediately within 3-5 seconds. Explain why they want to keep watching Get straight to the point. No intro.
Intro – expand on the topic and self why they should listen to you Go a little deeper but still broad and getting interest
Content – Deliver what you promose
Bonus – Over-deliver on what you promise in the content. Something like “stick until the end because I will share “extra tip”
Call to action – what do you want your viewer to do after watching the video. Examples subscribe, comment, click on your affiliate link, sign up for your newsletter